Activities Director & Fitness Trainer
With over 25 years of fitness industry experience and over 15 years with CAC, Bruce currently manages The Club activity and Sports programs. His dynamic range of expertise include everything from rehabilitation to sport specific training.
- North Dakota State University (1981-1985
- B.S. work in Exercise & Nutrition Science
- California State University-Sacramento (1988-1990)
Certifications and Memberships
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) — Member
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) — Member
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) — Certified Personal Trainer
- American Heart Association — Current CPR/AED certification
Experience and Accomplishments
- Nearly 40 years of active Fitness industry experience (35 in the Sacramento area) with
extensive background in program development, biomechanics, nutrition, fitness assessment, post-acute/transitional rehabilitation programming, sports programming (leagues/tournaments),
motivational programming and club management.
Areas of Interest
- Cardio-respiratory Fitness; all levels of Strength Programming; Small Group/Team Training (developed CAC SGT program); HIIT training; use of Fitness technology; Flexibility; Sports Performance; Programming for joint replacements (total hip replacement 2003).
Recreational and Leisure Pursuits
- Father of two grown children; Paddlesports (Kayak, SUP, Canoe), Handball, Swimming/Water-based Workouts, Camping, Hiking, Mountain Biking, In-line Skating & Alternative Human Powered Transportation, Basketball, XC Skiing, Snowshoeing, Hockey (past-tense).
Lifelong fan of the Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox , Chicago Bears, Bulls and Black Hawks.